About Me

I first started photography in the 80's. Believe it or not, on Hollywood Boulevard in LA. I shot tourists with cardboard celebrities! Weird huh!!! Since then I have had children and moved to different parts of the US. I've stayed home, I've worked and until about 6 years ago I never really had a passion for anything like I do PHOTOGRAPHY! Sometimes life happens and I don't get to shoot like I want, but I always make time. I want to share with you some of my favorite shots.... Hope you like! :D

Followers

Friday, September 10, 2010

To Clarify or Not to Clarify

That is the question.  There is a photog in town that does really really well.  But - and I say this in a non-negative way, they CLARIFY all of their photos as well has photoshopping so much that there is no freckles, pores, etc....  So here is my question, and I probably won't even get an answer but, I'll be pondering this until someone helps me out.

Do people like it better when this is done, or would they prefer to look like they naturally do?
I'll post a couple of examples...  and btw, the clarifying filter is for Corel Paintshop Pro.

I realize it might just be personal preference.......       any comments are welcome.  :D

Have a great FRIDAY!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Case by case basis and discuss with customer.
    In my experience most (not all) prefer a moderate amount of touch-up. Obviously if someone "naturally" has a bright red pimple on their nose the day of the shoot then they probably don't want that in their photo. So far I've only come across one person in my life who didn't want any touch-up at all and that is my sister. Ironically, she wears make-up every day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I come across both. Most of what I learned from the sites that we were in, is that you can "overdo" it. People would leave all sorts of comments about skin tone, and such. But then, out in the real world, I'm meeting people that like that sort of thing. So...... I mostly posted this because of a personal issue I had. It's not that big of a deal, just curious on what other people think about it. I usually do what people want - if they say make me look thinner, I do it. If they say give me some more backside, I do it! I always clear up pimples and whiten teeth!

    I think for my next post - I will put up a series of pictures from the first one being right out of the camera to the last one being my finished product. I think it will give some insight on all the PS work we do!

    ReplyDelete

Pages